The start of the WNBA season is here and just like every year, there are many questions that can only be answered by actually playing the games. This offseason has been long and given us all time to come up with our own ever-changing theories regarding who is poised for success and who will stumble. If 2020 has taught us anything, it is that you never know what will happen next. In past years, Winsidr has put together a staff poll asking a variety of questions regarding the upcoming season. For this year, we decided to take it a little further by getting the people who know the W the best involved. We asked coaches from all 12 teams 8 questions about the 2020 WNBA season. The only catch: coaches were asked not pick their own players. Here are the results:
1. Who will win the Most Valuable Player award?
2. Who will win the Rookie of the Year award?
3. Who will win the Defensive Player of the Year award?
4. If you were starting a franchise today and could sign any player in the W, who would it be?
5. Which player is the closest to winning their first MVP?
6. Which active player will make the best head coach someday?
7. Which player is the best leader?
8. Who is the most underrated player in the league?